Written by: Tom Blijleven Published: June 14, 2021
Since Apple announced the iOS 15 feature "Mail Privacy Protection" on June 7th, the world of email is debating the effects of the update for email marketing. In short, the new update hide the recipient's IP address and proxy opens the images - a.k.a. hide the actual open. In this session, Tobias, Chris, and Tom discuss what they know about MPP:
- What is Mail Privacy Protection (MPP)?
- How does MPP work? (beta test)
- What does this mean for the open metric?
- How does it influence email marketing?
- What's the bigger picture (considering GDPR, Privacy Shield, Do Not Track)?
Other good reads about Mail Privacy Protection:
- Apple’s Mail Privacy Protection: What This Means for Email Marketers and How to Prepare Now by Magan Le (link)
- An Email Marketer's Take on Apple Mail Privacy Protection by Jacques Corby-Tuech (link)
- What Apple’s Mail Privacy Protection Means for Email Marketing by Andrew Donovan (link)
- Apple Putting a Stop to Email Tracking Pixels With Mail Privacy Protection in iOS 15 and macOS Monterey by Juli Clover (link)